The Clanton Advertiser wins six first place awards
Published 1:49 pm Wednesday, June 29, 2022
By JOYANNA LOVE | Managing Editor
The Clanton Advertiser has won six first places and several other recognitions in Division B in this year’s Alabama Press Association Media Awards.
The newspaper competes against similar sized news organizations.
First place awards included:
- Best House Ad or Self-Promotion for Peach Living “Real Estate House Ad” by Zack Bates
- Best Lifestyle/ Family Pages
- Best Feature Story Coverage, Best Sports News In-depth Coverage and Best Sports Feature Story for “From paralyzed to a dream realized: Blake Shirah’s journey to founding a college football program” by former writer Zachary Seifter
- FOI-First Amendment Award for “Getting involved in government” by Joyanna Love
In the editorial contest, the newspaper also received the following awards:
- Second place for Best News Feature Story Coverage for “Mom releases book to help children with special needs” by Joyanna Love
- Second place for Best use of graphic and Illustrations for “Life as Claus”
- Second place for Best Local Economic Coverage
- Second place for Best Niche Publication for “Kickoff 2021” by former writer Zachary Seifter and freelance photographer Brandon Sumrall
- Third place for Best Newspaper Website
- Third place for Best News Photo for “Habitat home dedication” by Joyanna Love
In the advertising contest, The Clanton Advertiser received second place for Best Single Ad over 1/2 page, black and white for “City of Clanton” ad.
Each year, news organizations across the state enter their best works from the previous year in the contest.
The final list of winners is released at the end of June.