Chilton power outages on the mend
Chilton County residents are among 32,400 Alabama Power customers affected with notable power outages in central Alabama after severe thunderstorms passed through the area on June 28.
Alabama Power reported 1,500 Chilton County customers affected with power outages, as of 6 p.m. on June 28.
Montgomery County and Tallapoosa County suffer the most power outages in central Alabama, with respectively 8,120 and 4,100 customers out of power, according to an Alabama Power press release.
“In areas where safe to begin work, crews are actively engaged in the restoration process,” the report states. “Reports of damage include broken poles and downed wire as a result of fallen trees and limbs.”
The following are safety reminders from Alabama Power:
- Never touch any downed or low hanging wires. Assume all wire is energized.
- Never try to make your own repairs to Alabama Power equipment. Let our crews do that work.
- Never pull tree limbs off power lines.
- Do not go into areas with debris or downed trees. Energized power lines may be buried and not visible.
- Avoid areas where power crews are at work.
Further power outages can be reported to Alabama Power at 1-800-888-2726.