Clanton Council approves rezoning request
Published 9:31 am Tuesday, December 13, 2022
By JOYANNA LOVE | Managing Editor
The Clanton City Council unanimously approved a rezoning request to change 3503 Seventh Street N to M-1 Light Industrial District from B-2 General Business District at its Dec. 12 meeting.
The rezoning would put the property in the correct zoning for a mini-warehouse business that is already operating on the property and allow some expansion of the business. A public hearing had been held for the rezoning on Nov. 28.
Moving forward with updating the electronic version of the city code and making it available online to the public was approved. A contract with CivicPlus will be approved for them to offer hosting and codification services.
The Council also approved:
- Accepting a price for two outdoor city seals to be created by Owen Arts Studio.
- A lease agreement for 864 County Road 479, which is a city owned house near the river.
- Appointing someone to the Chilton-Clanton Library Board.
- Renewing contract with the third-party service that assists with tax collection.
- Applying for a grant for a law enforcement training center.
- Changing the time of work sessions to 4:30 p.m. Work sessions are held on the first and third Thursday of each month.
- Implementing a one-year moratorium on new fortune-telling shops/ services. Any existing business of this type would be grandfathered in. The moratorium gives the city a year to determine the best zoning district location for such businesses.
- Declaring certain items surplus.
The Clanton City Council’s next voting session will be Dec. 22 at 2 p.m. Clanton City Hall will be closed on Dec. 23, 26 and 27.