What about funds paid for canceled school trips? 

Published 4:56 pm Thursday, April 9, 2020

Getting your Trinity Audio player ready...

By JOYANNA LOVE / Senior Staff Writer 

With many highly anticipated field trips being canceled, Chilton County Schools has a procedure in place for parents to request a refund.
“The refund process will be the same for each Chilton County School, parents have a few options when addressing these refund requests,” Chief School Financial Officer Melynda Buck said. “They have the discretion to donate the funds to an area of choice within the school, pay fees owed, or request a refund. The bookkeeper at each school will need a copy of the original receipt as well as a copy, front and back, of the canceled check from their bank.  If a money order or official check was used a photo copy of their receipt will be sufficient documentation.  Please be mindful that the refund will be made payable to the grantor of each check originally presented for payment.” 

Requests for how the money should be handled and the required documentation listed can be emailed to the bookkeeper at the student’s school. The bookkeepers’ email addresses can be found on thChilton County Board of Education website, chilton.k12.al.us. (Click on “Finance” in the left column, then click on “Local School Bookkepers.”) 

“All documentation can be attached to the email, refunds will be mailed to the address on the check or the address on file,” Buck said.