Friday night football recap

Published 5:11 pm Monday, October 29, 2018

Getting your Trinity Audio player ready...

Isabella 34,

Holy Spirit 31

The Mustangs completed a second half comeback on the road after trailing 24-14 at halftime.

Isabella scored 20 unanswered points to open the second half and the defense made adjustments and tightened up.

It was not until late in the game when Holy Spirit found the end zone for its lone points of the second half.

Cole Atchison had a team-high 134 rushing yards on 20 carries and scored the Mustangs’ final touchdown of the night to help put the game out of reach.

Lance Price also had a big night on the ground with 73 yards and two touchdowns on 13 carries.

With the victory, Isabella clinched a third place finish in Region 3-1A.


Thorsby 60,

Central Coosa 8

The Rebels jumped out to an early lead and never looked back.

Thorsby built a comfortable 52-0 lead at halftime and the reserves played the second half.

It was the final region game of 2018. The Rebels improved to a record of 8-1 overall and 5-1 in Region 4-2A.

Thorsby finished one game behind Reeltown in the region standings and will host a first round playoff game.


Maplesville 56,

Francis Marion 22

Ryan Morrow and Christin Brown combined to run for 295 yards and six touchdowns on 63 carries, as Maplesville ran through and around the Francis Marion defense.

The Red Devil defense forced five turnovers, all interceptions from Morrow, Tristen Thetford, Jakavian Mckenzie, William Mims and Kalyn Hardy.

It was Maplesville’s eighth win of the season. The Red Devils finished region play with a record of 6-1 and will host a playoff game after finishing second in the standings.


Demopolis 38,

Chilton County 17

A slow start got the Tigers down by a couple of possessions early on in the contest.

C.J. Hunter drilled a 31-yard field goal for the only CCHS points in the first half, while Demopolis ran for three scores and knocked through a field goal of its own.

CCHS trailed 24-3 at halftime and although a couple of touchdowns were scored in the second half, the lead remained in favor of Demopolis.

The Tigers fought hard and kept the game within reach despite missing multiple players due to AHSAA suspensions as a result of the aftermath from the Marbury game on Oct. 24.