Thorsby approves 2019 budget
The Thorsby Town Council approved a proposed 2019 budget of $1,896,122.
The proposed total is $4,372.67 less than the 2018 budget.
A revenue of $1,074,847 is proposed in the general fund, while the water revenue is expected to be $789,650 and street/sidewalks is $31,625.
The budget will begin Oct. 1, 2018 and last until Sept. 30, 2019.
In other news from the meeting:
- Councilwomen Marilyn Collins and Chastity Chapman swapped the boards that they are on with each other. Collins is now on the zoning board and Chapman is on the variance board.
- The sale of the old garment factory was approved.
- The new proposed EMT pay scale for the Thorsby Fire Department was approved.
- The Council approved the process of putting out bids to pave Pit Street and Peterson Avenue.
- The minutes from the Sept. 4 Council meeting were approved.
- The minutes from the Aug. 21 variance board meeting were approved.
- It was approved to pay the bills and transfer the funds.