Replacement of courthouse HVAC system underway
The County Commission is in the process of replacing the HVAC system at the courthouse.
The Commission approved Jay Eiring of Zgouvas, Eiring & Associates to proceed with the development of the plans and specifications for the replacement of the courthouse system during its July 23 meeting.
It is still in the early stages, but the approval means that the process has begun.
A public hearing was also held during the meeting for the alcohol license request of Cannon Patel, doing business as Lake Mitchell One Stop. The resolution was approved by the Commission.
Nominations were closed for the Hospital and IDB Boards.
Terri Connell has been nominated for the Hospital Board, and Monica Cooper has been nominated for the IDB Board. A vote will be taken at the July 13 Commission meeting.
In other news from the meeting:
- A yearly resolution was approved for Cheryl Maddox to continue community corrections in Chilton County.
- The Peach Meadows Subdivision preliminary plat was approved. The developer is Denny Carroll, and it is located at the intersection of County Road 16 and County Road 49.
- Clay Bearden was added to the road department’s payroll as a truck driver effective July 23. He was hired in place of Patrick Christofides.
- The Road Department was granted permission to purchase eight dump trucks and one tractor off the state bid list.
- A line item transfer of $45,707 was moved to jail for medical payments.
- Kristine Binion and Abraham Eason were hired as full-time corrections officers with the Sheriff’s Office.
- Cody Guyon, James Dickens and Preston Cleckler were hired as part-time corrections officers with the Sheriff’s Office.
- Stephen Brock was hired as a full-time deputy/investigator with the Sheriff’s Office.
- Chilton County Transit was given permission to amend a previous resolution to advertise to hire to include another part-time driver.
- Jacob Davenport and Kaneria Hudson were emergency hires as temporary drivers with the transit department. Their start date is pending on the results of their pre-employment drug tests.
- The Commission approved the minutes from the July 9 meeting.
- The Commission approved to pay its bills.
Heavens Strings Bluegrass Gospel and the city of Jemison are partnering to bring the sixth annual gospel singing benefit for... read more