Commission set to interview administrator candidates
The Chilton County Commission will interview the candidates for the county administrator job May 2.
The interview date was announced during the April 24 commission meeting.
Commissioner Joseph Parnell has mentioned at past meetings about the strength of the 11 candidates.
County Extension Coordinator Gay West and Olivia Payne spoke to the commission under the public comments portion of the meeting.
Payne is Chilton County’s 4-H State Ambassador for ages 9-18. She updated the commission about what the 4-H program had to offer and the positive impact it can have on a child’s life.
Nominations are now being accepted for the Chilton County Department of Human Resources Board due to the expiring terms of current members Ludean Hicks, Rex Edwards and Joyce Land.
According to Marilyn Colson with Chilton County DHR, each of the current members are willing to continue serving on the board if reassigned by the commission.
In other news from the meeting:
- County Engineer Tony Wearren informed the commission that road construction will begin on Bell Lane Road/County Road 81 the morning of April 30.
- The Courthouse parking lot is scheduled to be paved May 4 and 5. It will be striped two weeks after the paving is completed.
- The commission approved a resolution from Wearren that authorizes County Road 37 from the four-way stop in Thorsby to Highway 22 to be the county’s next federal aid paving project. The project’s length would be six miles at an approximate cost of $1.2 million.
- The commission tabled the chairman signing a Taser agreement on behalf of the Sheriff’s Office. It will be brought up again at a future meeting.
- The commission approved to amend the budget $216,284 and line item 116-51903-591 Capital Improvement.
- The commission approved the surplus of three chairs and a typewriter, all of which are broken.
- The commission approved the minutes from the April 11 meeting.
- The commission approved to pay its bills.
Gifted education students at Jemison Intermediate School participated in an international Fluor Engineering Challenge that resulted in high scores internationally... read more