United Way receives check from Alabama Power

Published 3:33 pm Wednesday, November 8, 2017


Chilton County United Way received a check from Alabama Power Company in Clanton employees on Nov. 7, as part of its 2018 campaign.

“Our theme is ‘We are making a difference together,’” United Way Campaign Coordinator Carol Fortuna said.

RoseMary Johnson of Alabama Power said each Alabama Power employee from the Clanton-based office donated to the nonprofit, collecting a total of $2,536 for the nonprofit organization.

“It was 100 percent participation,” Fortuna said.

Fortuna said the donation was given as part of United Way’s campaign to meet a fundraising goal of $175,000.

The campaign gives 75 percent of funds to the agencies it supports in Chilton County, the remaining 25 percent supporting United Way operations, Fortuna said.

Fortuna said another avenue for giving to United Way is through AmazonSmile.com, which gives 0.5 percent of eligible AmazonSmile purchases to the organization.

AmazonSmile shoppers need only to indicate Chilton County United Way at the top bar in order to direct the funds to the nonprofit.

“We’re very thankful and appreciative that people here in Chilton County are supportive of United Way,” Fortuna said. “It means a lot for people to give here because our money goes to Chilton County.”