Clanton mobile home catches fire

Published 8:24 pm Monday, March 26, 2012

Capt. Kevin Driver and firefighter Zack Burke work to extinguish a mobile home fire Monday afternoon in Clanton. (SPECIAL / CLANTON FD)

No one was injured in a house fire Monday afternoon that damaged a mobile home in Clanton.

The Clanton Fire Department responded to a fire in the 200 block of Hay Lane at 3:46 p.m., said Fire Chief David Driver.

No one was at home when the singlewide trailer caught fire. About 50 percent of the home had fire damage, while all of it sustained smoke and heat damage, Driver said.

The cause of the fire was accidental and no injuries were reported. Firefighters stayed on the scene for about an hour and a half.