Late pass gives Gates Hobby division win
Hot and Sticky truly sums up the racing conditions at Central Alabama Motor Speedway on June 12.
The L&L Forklift Hobby division put on a show along with all of the weekly divisions. After two heats of the Hobby cars, the field was locked in. Starting on the pole was Daniel Lutz, No. 1 of Montevallo, and outside front row was Wade Carlee, No. 48 of McCalla.
Carlee led the first six laps of the event, but Jake Wilson of Clanton worked his way from his inside second row position to first place.
It seemed Wilson would take home the first-place winnings, but on Lap 17 of this 20-lap event, James Gates, No. 22 of Dadeville, made the pass.
When the checkered flag came out, it was Gates in first place, Wilson second and Carlee third.
Racing continues on Father’s Day weekend. The Crate Late Model/Sportsman Division will run for double points, and with 10 or more cars the purse will be double the weekly purse with a $50 entry fee.
Street Stocks and Bomber cars will be double the weekly purse with 10 or more in each division along with the $50 entry fee. All divisions will be on hand, along with the Powder Puffs taking the track as the finale of the evening. All regular divisions will be guaranteed their weekly purse and points.
Points Fund 50/50 tickets are on sale every Saturday Night. Last week’s winner took home an extra $185.
Gates open at 5 p.m.
For the latest information about gate times, admission and upcoming events, visit www.camspeedway.com or call the race hotline at (205) 351-1044.
June 12 results
Barber Motorsports Crate Late Model/Sportsman
1) Billy Franklin, No. 17P, Alabaster; 2) Sam Hughes, No. 17O, Pelham; 3) Phillip Burnett, No. 1, Montevallo; 4) J.R. Cobb, No. 12, Tallassee; 5) Mike Fields, No. 0, Calera; 6) Toney Revis, No. 72, Wilsonville, AL; (DNS) Larry Gilford, No. X1, Dadeville
Buddha’s Screen Printing Thunder Cars
1) Josh Bean, No. 8, Maplesville; 2) David Dark, No. 23, Dadeville; 3) Johnny Dawson, No. 77, Clanton; 4) Roger Underwood, No. 36, Montevallo; 5) Billy Franklin, No. 33, Alabaster; (DNS) Gary Underwood, No. 42, Verbena; (DNS) Justin Massey, No. 72, Tuscaloosa; (DNS) Keith Joiner, No. 111, Prattville; (DNS) Cody Browning, No. 11, Pelham
L&L Forklift Hobby Cars
1) James Gates, No. 22, Dadeville; 2) Jake Wilson, No. 44, Clanton; 3) Wade Carlee, No. 48, McCalla; 4) CR, No. 64, Valley Grand; 5) Greg Dean, No. 15, Montevallo; 6) Braden Freeman, No. 48, Dadeville; 7) Daniel Lutz, No. 1, Montevallo; 8) Brandon Wells, No. 55, Columbiana; (DNS) Tommy Bolton, No. 13, Springville
Chico’s Detail Shop Street Stocks
1) Chris Howell, No. 1, Columbiana; 2) Derrick Price, No. 42, Clanton; 3) Mark Price, No. 02, Clanton; 4) Mike Garris, No. 03, Clanton; 5) Alan Banks, No. 17, Gordo
Hutch Construction Super Ponies
1) Jeremy Edwards, No. 57, Clanton; 2) Eddie Woods, No. 17, Calera; 3) Don Moncrief, No. 88, Alabaster; 4) Wesley Boothe, No. 87, Montevallo; 5) Benny Pickett, No. 4, Montevallo; 6) Lane Green, No. 57r, Hoover; 7) Michael Edwards, No. 2, Sylacauga; 8) Mike Rominger, No. 7m, Brierfield; 9) Darrell Goins, No. 007, Coker; 10) Blake Rinehart, No. 31, Northport; 11) Mike Wortham, No. 54, Rainbow City; (DNS) Eddie Pickett, No. 44, Montevallo
Eagles Auto Sales Buzz Car/Pure Ponies
1) Lisa Woods, No. 18, Calera; 2) Toby Pace, No. 00, Grady; 3) Bobby Kendrick, No. 41, Wilsonville; 4) Austin Franklin, No. 8, Alabaster; 5) Barbara Bright, No. 29, Centerville; 6) Charles Bright, No. 97, Centerville; 7) Kyle Smith, No. 13, Clanton; 8) Davey Horton, No. 75, Columbiana; 9) Jeremy Forsythe, No. 02, Odenville; 10) Spud Brasher, No. 68, Calera; 11) T.J. Partridge, No. 25, Shelby; 12) Ray Perry, No. 7, Centerville; (DNS) Terry Merritt, No. 5, Slapout
1) Ronald Bishop, No. 8, Pelham; 2) Al “Big Al” Barrett, No. 63, Jemison; 3) Derrick McLaughlin, No. 31, Vandiver
Pro Trans Custom Hydro Coatings, Byron’s Towing and Barbers Motorsports Little Dirt Speeders (9- to 12-year-olds)
1) Dylan Gethard; 2) Lance Hilyer; 3) Isaiah Absher; 4) Stephanie Price.