No license required for Little Speeders
Even with the threat of rain, Central Alabama Motor Speedway was packed out–with both fans and the Little Speeders with their shiny bicycles.
During intermission, the Little Speeders were called to their drivers meeting. Once they received their rules and instructions, the 4- to 8-year-olds took the field.
First across the finish line for this age group was Kendall Franklin, taking home the first-place winnings along with his trophy.
Second up was the 9- to 12-year-olds, and taking home the winnings and first-place trophy was Parker Phillips.
Action will return to Central Alabama Motor Speedway on Saturday with all the regular divisions.
There will also be a Monthers Day Celebration; the first 50 mothers through the gate will receive a special gift, and there will be special drawings throughout
A special powder puff race for the ladies has been added to the line up.
CAMS will also continue with the regular 50/50 Drivers Points Fund drawing. Last
Weekend, a lucky fan took home $182 from the 50/50 drawing.
Gates open at 5 p.m. To find the latest information about upcoming events and admissions, visit www.camspeedway.com or call the race hotline at: (205) 351-1044.
May 1 results
Barber Motorsports Crate Late Model/Sportsman
1) Billy Franklin, No. 17, Alabaster; 2) J.R. Cobb, No. 12, Tallassee;
3) Sam Hughes, No. 35, Pelham; 4) Mike Fields, No. 0, Calera; 5)
Josh Taylor, No. T13, Birmingham; 6) Steve Hester, No. 21, Fayette;
7) David Gann, No. 26, Fayette; 8) Kevin Spears, No. 2, Fayette; 9)
Jimmy Dean, No. 45, Alabaster; (DNS) Craig Brogden, No. 21, Alabaster,
AL, (DNS) Lee Mason, No. 34, Wetumpka
Buddha’s Screen Printing Thunder Cars
1) Johnny Dawson, No. 42, Clanton; (DNS) Justin Massey, No. 72,
(Note: Thunder Car & Hobby Ran Together)
L&L Forklift Hobby Cars
1) Brandon Till, No. 20, Clanton; 2) Brandon Wells, No. 55, Columbiana,
AL, 3) Stanley Roper, No. 14, Millbrook (Note: Thunder Car &
Hobby Ran Together)
Chico’s Detail Shop Street Stocks
1) Mark Price, No. 02, Clanton; 2) Chris Howell, No. 1, Columbiana;
3) Greg Wilkins, No. 01, Maplesville; 4) Alan Banks, No. 17, Gordo;
5) Richard Bing, No. I-65, Slapout; 6) Eric Hilyer, No. 4, Slapout; 7)
Jimmy Ganey, No. 73, Sylacauga
Hutch Construction Super Ponies
1) Benny Pickett, No. 4, Montevallo; 2) Jeremy Edwards, No. 57,
Sylacauga; 3) Don Moncrief, No. 88, Alabaster; 4) William Moore,
No. 15, Shelby; 5) Mike Rominger, No. 7m, Brierfield; 6) Eddie
Woods, No. 17, Calera; 7) Eddie Pickett, No. 44, Montevallo; 8)
Wesley Boothe, No. 87, Montevallo; 9) Todd Riddle, No. 38, Maylene,
AL, (DNS) Kevin Crocker, No. 0, Centerville; (DNS) Curt Oaks, No. 14,
Eagles Auto Sales Buzz Car/Pure Ponies
1) Jeremy Forsythe, No. 02, Odenville; 2) Terry Merritt, No. 5, Slapout,
AL, 3) Charles Bright, No. 97, Centerville; 4) Bobby Kendrick, No. 41,
Wilsonville; 5) Patrick Wallace, No. 34, Trussville; 6) Jimmy
Massey, No. 10, Alabaster; 7) Ray Perry, No. 7, Centerville; 8) Jay
Mason, No. 34, Slapout; 9) Jordan Wilkins, No. 6, Clanton; 10)
Jonathon Glass, No. 69, Calera; 11) Lisa Woods, No. 18, Calera; 12)
Barbara Bright, No. 29, Centerville
1) David Davis, No. 00, Vandiver; 2) James Ganey, Sr., No. 64,
Childersburg; 3) Al “Big Al” Barrett, No. 63, Jemison; 4) Derrick
McLaughlin, No. 31, Vandiver; 5) Chris Fowler, No. 26, Sylacauga;
6) James Ganey, Jr., No. 93, Childersburg
4- to 8-year-olds Little Speeders
1) Kendall Franklin, 2) Alden Barentine, 3) Lizy Hilyer.
9- to 12-year-olds Little Speeders
1) Parker Phillips, 2) Lance Hilyer, 3) Alayna Hilyer.