Ways of giving

Published 8:58 pm Saturday, November 22, 2008

Although the Christmas Wish program with the Chilton County Department of Humane Resources are happy for any kind of donation they can get, there are a few things that may or may not be acceptable for the children.

If you are able to give a donation this year there are three simple ways of giving. One way would be through a monetary donation. Any money donations can be made to the Chilton DHR Foster Children’s Fund and can be sent to P.O. Box 1699, 500 Airport Road, Clanton, AL 35046-1699.

If you want to be a little more personal with your donation you can give a gift card the same way you donate money through the mail. Any gift cards received are appreciated since they help in getting the older children things they need.

Another way to donate is by bringing in items. If this is the way you want to donate to the Christmas Wish program you should first contact the department and ask for a shopping list for the children. There are items that the kids are not allowed to have including toys that support violent and crime.

“It is best to be on the safe side and contact us for a child’s exact list. If you adopt a child for Christmas then you get a list of things they have specifically asked for and that helps in knowing not only what they really want but also what they are allowed to have,” DHR director Marilyn Colson said.

To contact DHR about adopting a child’s wish list for Christmas you can call at 205-280-2000. The department will be taking donations from now through Dec. 15.