Drive-up COVID-19 testing available on Mondays in December
From the Chilton County Health Department
The Chilton County Health Department will offer drive-up COVID-19 testing clinics on Mondays, Dec. 14, Dec. 21 and Dec. 28 at the health department at 301 Health Center Drive, Clanton, from 9 – 9:30 a.m.
Testing is available to patients who meet the testing criteria and while supplies are available. Please contact the Chilton County Health Department, 205-755-1287 for pre-registration and appointment times.
Symptoms of COVID-19 consist of either cough or shortness of breath (difficulty breathing) or at least two of the following: fever, chills, repeated shaking with chills, muscle pain, headache, vomiting, diarrhea, sore throat, fatigue, congestion or runny nose, and new loss of taste or smell.
Testing criteria are as follows:
· Persons with symptoms
· Healthcare facility workers, workers in congregate living settings, and first responders with symptoms
· Persons without symptoms who have underlying medical conditions or disability placing them at a higher risk of complications or screening of other asymptomatic individuals based on a case-by-case review and approval by the state health department or local health jurisdiction
ADPH advises the following measures to prevent the spread of COVID-19:
· Wash your hands frequently with soap and water for 20 seconds
· Social distance by staying 6 feet away from others
· Avoid people who are sick
· Stay home if you can; work remotely if possible
· Cover your mouth and nose with a face covering when around others
· Cover coughs and sneezes
· Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces
· Monitor your health
For more information, please visit alabamapublichealth.gov.