No injuries in weekend fire that consumes home in North Chilton CountyBy Emily Etheredge Published 3:18pm Wednesday, October 9, 2013
Authorities in North Chilton County are continuing to investigate a fire at a residential location off County Road 962 Oct. 4 around 10 p.m.
Four fire departments were dispatched to the scene including North Chilton Fire Department, Dry Valley Fire Department, West Chilton Fire Department and Jemison Fire Department.
Jemison Fire Chief John Dennis said JFD was the first department on the scene at the house that was consumed by the fire.
Dennis said the initial call was on a grill fire on the back porch of the resident’s home.
“Nobody was injured,” Dennis said. “The lady that owned the house had started her grill and we think there might have been a malfunction with the grill.”
Dennis the house was destroyed.
North Chilton Fire Chief Jason Scott said an investigation is ongoing and more information should be available later this week.