Archived Story

Fire at Garrison’s contained with no injuries, structural damage

Published 5:46pm Friday, June 14, 2013

A small fire Friday forced the evacuation of Garrison Farm & Home Center in Thorsby.

The fire, which resulted in no injuries, started in the kitchen when a stove eye was turned on with something on top of it, workers said.

“We got it out with a fire extinguisher,” said Kianna Green, who was working at the store at the time of the incident, about 8:30 a.m.

Still, Thorsby Fire and other departments responded to the call and stayed on the scene to help remove smoke from the business.

Print Friendly

Editor's Picks

Off-duty officer at right place, right time to help arrest armed robber

Thorsby Police officer Gaines Silas saw someone fleeing from the Dollar General off Seventh Street South in Clanton shortly before 9 p.m., and the off-duty ... Read more

Verbena football title trophy found, to be returned to school

“We’re excited about getting that trophy back to the school," Verbena Principal Kelvin Boulware said. Read more

Fair may have found a temporary home at Clanton City Park

Fair organizers moved the event away from its long-time location when it became a safety hazard for the adjacent Chilton County Airport. Read more