No one was injured when a tractor-trailer overturned on Interstate 65 near Exit 212, but the wreck caused traffic problems.

Archived Story

Interstate 65 re-opened after wreck

Published 7:39am Thursday, September 13, 2012

All lanes of traffic on Interstate 65 re-opened around lunchtime Thursday after a wreck earlier in the morning.

A tractor-trailer overturned near Exit 212 at about 4:30 a.m. Thursday, shutting down the interstate completely, police officials said.

The northbound lanes were re-opened Thursday morning, but the southbound lanes weren’t opened until about 11:30 a.m.

The driver of the truck, which was carrying seatbacks for Hyundai vehicles, was not injured, according to Clanton Police Chief Brian Stilwell.

Print Friendly

Editor's Picks

Curtis Smith resigns as chairman of United Way

“My life has been a life of service,” Smith said. “When I wake up in the morning, I try to think of somebody I can ... Read more